||Data scientist/computational biologist_2 (full/or part time)
||The University of Chicago Biological Sciences
We are looking for 1-2 highly motivated data scientist(s) or computational biologist(s) to work with faculty and researchers at the University of Chicago on genetic/genomic data analysis (full or part time).
• Work closely with biostatisticians and epidemiologists to analyze big genetic/genomic data (including SNP, RNA splicing, and gene expression) by using existing software and/or developing statistical and computational tools.
• Develop figures and reports and participate manuscript writing.
• The candidate(s) should hold or needs to soon hold a (bachelor's, master's, or doctoral) degree in a computer science or quantitative field, such as computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, physics, economics, or social sciences, with interest in genetics/genomics. Candidates with degrees in genetics or related fields with strong computational and statistical expertise are also encouraged to apply.
• Possess practical experience in data analysis.
• Fluency in Linux, standard bioinformatics tools (R and/or Python).
To formally apply, please send a CV and a brief research statement to Guimin Gao (email@example.com).
||University of Chicago
||20 December 2020